Thursday, October 24, 2013

Altered Clock

I recently stumbled across a YouTube video of a very elaborate Halloween project using the Graphic45 Steampunk Spells collection.  Whereas steampunk is not my normal style, it does fascinate me. I like the idea of the altered aspect of it and how it lends itself to the whole mixed media art form.
Back to the video, it was made by an extremely talented artist named Anne. She is from Norway and is on the Graphic45 design team. I am in total awe of her work. It's detailed beyond anything I've seen before.  After seeing the video I had to stalk  check out her blog. Let me say, she does not disappoint! Everything she does is amazing.  Needless to say it inspired me.  I had seen the Wizard of Oz line from Graphic45 and loved it, so I really wanted to make something with that, unfortunately it is an old collection and I couldn't any anywhere.  So the next best thing was the Hallowe'en In Wonderland collection, which I found some on eBay and snatched them up quickly.  I only purchased a small selection of paper, just 6 designs. As soon as I received my happy mail I set off to work on my next project. I felt like an altered clock was the perfect canvas, an homage to the white rabbit you could say.


To start I had to paint 3 coats of gesso on the clock in order to make the paint stick. I then painted 3 coats of black.  To finish the outside I also lightly sponged streaks of brown paint on top of the black and it gave it an old look. I did some fussy cutting on some of the images and layered them with the help of pop dots.


I made the elements like a pop up card. I made stands using black card stock and glued the elements on top.




I used the glass vial from Melissa Frances, which I've had in my stash for a while now. I also used some moss I had on hand. Other than that, it was all the Hallowe'en In Wonderland Collection.  I love the paper in this collection and have another project to share with you next week. 


Until next time........
 photo c4bf2921-afda-41aa-8d7a-33eb1d2156ee_zps73dc9248.jpg

1 comment:

  1. just darling... thanks for showing how you layered it.. makes the one I have sitting her not so intimidating.. :D

    ReplyDelete