Sunday, August 11, 2013

Backpack I.D. Tag

I don't know how things are in your neck of the woods, but it's becoming more and more apparent that the first day of school is just around the corner. My oldest is going to be a junior in high school this year (insert horrible realization that I'm only getting older here).  My youngest however is embarking on a new horizon and going to be a kindergartener.  This too brings about it's own sense of sadness and excitement all at the same time.  We already have all her school supplies purchased and loaded up in her brand new backpack. Then it occurred to me that she needed a way to label her bag. I'm not big of monogramming my little one's name on her bag simply because everyone can see it, even the people you don't want to see it. Billie and I were also tossing around ideas for a craft for kids to do at our local community event we had signed up to participate in.  So I came up with an idea to suit both dilemmas, a backpack I.D. of sorts. I also came up with a way to incorporate a little bit of daily encouragement. On one side I stamped a short message of inspiration and on the other side I will stamp her name and my cell phone number in case the backpack were to get misplaced.  I bought the name badge at our local Hobby Lobby. I believe there were 4 in the package for 2.99. I chose to use the new Stampin Up 2013 In Color collection. I love all the new colors and the DSP pack that they have for the colors are perfect. There's polka dots, chevron and even a sort of quatrefoil design to pick from.  The colors are very soft and subdued and kinda remind me of the colors of sherbet. I attached the 3D embellishment with a couple of glue dots, which may not stay attached forever but glue dots are usually pretty good at staying put.  Anyhoo....... here is how it turned out.  


Until next time.........

 photo c4bf2921-afda-41aa-8d7a-33eb1d2156ee_zps73dc9248.jpg

1 comment: