Thursday, August 22, 2013

Colors at a Glance

If you're anything like me, you spend just as much time trying to organize your crafting supplies as you do actually use those same supplies.  It never fails, every time I go to stamp something, I end up having to stamp a sample on some scratch paper. I have over 30 stamp pads and even though they have a representation of the color on the lid, it doesn't seem to actually be the true color. So I developed a plan after fussing with them while trying to find just the right color of blue.  I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this idea.  I do recall seeing a ton of pins on Pinterest where people have made paint chips of the colors in their home to take with them, so I figured the same would work for my stamp pad arsenal as well. It was super simple to do and took me maybe an hour to do. 
I punched about 75 circles with my 3/4" circle punch. I had to make two batches, because my sister and I share our stamp pads and I thought I might as well make her one while I was at it. I gathered all my stamp pads and stamped an image on the circles for each color, stamping two for each color as well. After stamping the image I wrote the name of the color as well as the brand. After I had them all stamped, I put an eyelet on each circle so that it would not tear off the string.  My initial plan was to put them on a binder ring, but my eyelets had a smaller hole than would fit on the ring. I wasn't too happy about that, but I wasn't about to start all over. So I'm here to help you avoid that mistake, use the bigger eyelets! Overall, it will serve it's purpose really well I think.  No more color testing! Woohoo!




I keep my swatches right next to my craft table so I can grab it easily and pick the perfect color for any project.

Until next time...........
 photo c4bf2921-afda-41aa-8d7a-33eb1d2156ee_zps73dc9248.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment